Friday, February 26, 2010

The Olympics

So yesterday I was watching the women's figure skating long program. I was amazed at not only at the difficulty of the routines these girls were performing, but also their age. Tara Lipinski was only 15 when she won gold for the US a few years back. One of the girls for the US, Rachel Flatt, is only 17, and the announcers were joking about how she had homework to do, due the next day. The other girl for the US was only 16. Now, don't get me wrong here, I absolutely loathe Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, but they are only 15 and 16 or 17 respectively. And Taylor Swift (who I have absolutely no disdain for) is 20. She's in my graduating class of 2008. All of this just makes me think, "Geez Jaclyn, what are you doing with your life??"

No comments:

Post a Comment