Sunday, December 12, 2010

Maybe Next Time

"I want just ONE time for my bag to be the first one off of the carousel" I said to David as we waited anxiously for our luggage. He nodded in agreement. The long, delayed flight was over, yet we yearned for our bags - the final key before we could step outside into Winter Break Freedom. Then the bag ramp started moving, the carousel turning with anticipation. The first item came up; I recognized it immediately. "I win!" shouted David as he bounced over to his black Nike bag and snagged it from the rotation. His radiant smile gleamed, and I could do nothing but pretend I was happy for him. So there I stood in astonished disappointment and waited, bag after bag, until mine finally appeared. So close. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

  1. did he really bounce? and was his smile really radiant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed he did, and absolutely it was. You should have been there- it was quite magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think I'll also squealed like a little girl too... but seriously it was pretty cool

    ReplyDelete