Friday, September 25, 2009

First Days Of School

Okay so we all know that nothing really happens during the first few days of school. But this year I realized that professors in college also use these days to show off or to explain what is on their mind. My biology teacher who refuses to go by any name other than DOCTOR Gerhart, spent the entire class period explaining what science is and the approaches that one might take in order to be a good learner. I don't think any one person took a single note in that class. My archaeology teacher spent 45 minutes showing pictures of her career archaeological expeditions across the globe followed by a single definition of what archaeology is. Almost all of my teachers today also talked and explained the UC Walkout and all of the reasons/solutions for it. Yeah, pretty boring and unproductive day...

No comments:

Post a Comment