So I'm biking to my UWP class in Wellman (coming from the dorms after a glorious nap) and I approach the spot where you turn to go behind Wellman. Then follows this sequence of events:
1. I stick my left arm out to show the one biker coming toward me that I'm about to turn.
2. A bike cop who came out of NOWHERE was suddenly riding alongside me and asked, "So what are you about to do here?"
3. I keep my left arm out and instead of turning right away, I get to the crosswalk part and make a sharp left after the V of bumps. Mind you, I was unaware that this was the proper way to turn because EVERYONE turns before the V of bumps.
4. The cop expresses approval and says, "You're the first person I've seen to do that correctly!"
5. He hands me an envelope containing a $7 gift certificate to on-campus food places!
I think the best part of it was that I was definitely about to go the illegal way and then somehow made the right decision when the cop spoke to me.