Monday, January 18, 2010

Bruises and Music

Last night, Kyle tried to grab our green pillow from off the ground when, out of spite, I decided to snatch it up away from from him. Thus began the battle for the pillow. I got up to grab my computer, and Kyle started going for the pillow. I realized this when I was half way around the coffee table, and dove across the table to grab it. When I landed, I had hit my bad knee on the corner of the table pretty hard, and Kyle's thumb was about a centimeter away from my eye. Needless to say, I have a fat bruise on my knee, I almost went blind in one eye, BUT I got the pillow :)

Later, I decided to start going through my itunes library and played all the classic songs that everybody knows. It made me realize that songs bring back different memories for everybody. We played songs ranging from 1985 by Bowling for Soup to How We Do by The Game to Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard to Ignition by R. Kelly to I'll Be by Edwin McCain and many many more :)

Music is a total constant. a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. no matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song stays the same, just like that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment