Monday, March 29, 2010

Thanks Anyway

I went job hunting today and felt like I was a girl scout all over again. My mom would always buy a ton of extra boxes of girl scout cookies; not for us, but to sell door-to-door because people are much more likely to buy them if they get to eat them right away. You always had the same format to follow when trying to sell to a customer: "Hello sir/ma'am! Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?" "Sorry, but I [insert excuse here]". And you would always have to say, "Thanks anyway!" Even if their excuse was a crock of shit or they were rude to you. "Thanks for dashing all my hopes and dreams!"
Well basically every place I went today looking for a job answered my, "Are you guys hiring right now?" with a, "Well, we're always accepting applications." Not an outright NO, but gettin' there. Almost makes me wish I could go back to the days of toting my red wagon full of cookies. At least if I didn't sell them I'd have something with which to bury my sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment