Friday, November 20, 2009

Bus Bully

I PISSED SOMEBODY OFF TODAY! It doesn't happen often, so please sit back and relax while I tell you all about it.
I got on the bus after my SOC discussion and sat down all the way in the back in the second seat from the window next to this girl with brown hair and glasses (not really important, but I want you to get the full effect). I was chewing a piece of gum that I had been chewing since my first class at 9, but it was still flavorful because 5 gum is amazing like that. The bus started going and I kept listening to my music (Men at Work, for those of you that love details as much as I do). I popped my gum quietly, and as I did so, the girl next to me turned her head to see where the noise came from. I kept looking straight ahead and hadn't really taken notice of the fact that I was the reason she turned her head. I did it again and this time realized that she was turning her head to the popping of my gum. The question that arose in my mind at this point was, Is she confused by the sound and trying to figure out what's going on, or is it annoying her? I decided to keep doing it because I figured that if it were the latter, she could just deal with it until she had to get off. Each time I did it after that, she jerked her head in my direction, but didn't completely turn and look at me. I got progressively louder because I found it funnier as we went along. She finally got so fed up with me that she stood up way before her stop (Arlington Farms) and stepped around me (the seats in front of us were really close to my legs) to sit next to the back door. I continued to pop it as loud as I could and she STILL TURNED BACK TO LOOK AT ME! It was fantastic! So much power! She scowled at me right before getting off the bus, and I couldn't help but smile back at her. I really don't ever annoy people on purpose, but her reaction made it way too fun.

2 comments: